Category: Missy/Plus- woven tops/jackets
Our client has a rich history, great tenure and continues to grow! Work in a fun, face paced, and family oriented work environment. Enjoy summer hours and work life balance.
They are looking for a team oriented technical designer who has solid technical design, fit (on models) and construction experience. This person will help improve garment construction standards and effectively work with overseas manufacturers who own the pattern.
Experience working with overseas vendors, the plus size category and extensive fit responsibility (as in a lot of fitting in a short amount of time) on live models required to expedite approved fit.
- Responsible for the technical design process from initial development to final fit against defined specs. Work closely with production/quality team as needed to troubleshoot production issues.
- Create and maintain garment construction standards; establish grading
- Develop and communicate all necessary specs and relay to vendors to secure fit ready samples.
- Work with vendor patternmakers to correct patterns and improve fit
- Develop library of specs to be used for future product development for each product category & fabric style.
- Attend development hand-off meetings and own all technical design responsibilities for assigned products.
- Identify problem items early in the spec development phase so that corrective action can be taken prior to problems occurring.
- Works closely with specification assistant to ensure all standards are input into the system.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion Design or Manufacturing
- 1-2+ years of apparel technical design, product and pattern development experience in missy/plus woven tops and jackets
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and Windows applications
- Strong Adobe Illustrator skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong organization skills
- Able to work independently with limited supervision
Send your resume with salary requirements to Sue at Midwest Personnel Resource, LLC:
e mail: email@example.com
Please include Job Code in the subject line of all emails.