Categories: women's and men's apparel stretch fabrics/synthetics/woven/fleece
Join a growing organization where you can be a part of a tight knit product development team. Our client is looking for a solid pattern maker/technical designer with broad category experience (stretch fabrics/synthetics/woven/fleece). If you are comfortable in a multi-faceted role (pattern & marker making using Gerber Accumark, grading, technical sketching, managing the sample/prototype process and fit sessions) we need to talk.
The right candidate will be flexible, adaptable & have strong communication skills. You will mentor an ambitious jr. member of the team providing you with an opportunity to gain management experience.
We are looking for a technical designer who can execute consistent production fit, grading, pattern and construction approvals, and maintain accurate measurement specifications.
- Create and maintain consistent fit, construction, grade rules, and tolerances
- Grade and prepare patterns for production
- Cut planning, spec approval, markers and cut files for Gerber cutting
- Create finished dimension charts for all patterns
- Research and resolve fit, pattern and construction issues
- Create technical specifications, including CAD drawings
- Align and deliver to agreed calendar milestones
- Drive pattern development and approvals with the production and account manager/sales team
- Schedule and lead fit sessions, fit modeling
- Communicate changes to achieve final fit and construction to meet requirements
- Collaborate with production and sales team to ensure project outcomes align with priorities and direction
- Manage sample/prototype development
- Manage design intern and/or assistant technical designer in accurate marker making and development in Gerber Accumark skills, including grading, alterations points, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in apparel design and textiles or equivalent work experience in related field
- Minimum 5 years’ industry experience in apparel with emphasis in fit and pattern making
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication and strong interpersonal skills
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Ability to multi-task effectively
- Proficiency in MS Office suite
- Knowledge in Adobe Suite preferred
- Experience on Gerber Pattern Design Software
- Thorough understanding of apparel production processes
- Bilingual English/Spanish is helpful
Send your resume with salary requirements to Sue at Midwest Personnel Resource, LLC:
e mail: email@example.com
Please include Job Code STDD-MPR0118 in subject line on all e-mails.