Product: Hard and Soft Home (furniture, decor, tabletop, linens, bedding)
Our client has a rich history, great tenure and continues to grow! Work in a fun, face paced, and family oriented work environment. Enjoy summer hours and work life balance.
You will create and execute design ideas across home and hard goods categories (including furniture, tabletop, linens, décor, bedding, etc.) that are aligned with the creative direction of the company’s businesses.
Utilize your design/industrial design, illustration, graphic design and technology skills to conceptualize and develop innovative and unique products. You’ll work collaboratively with cross functional partners (Merchandisers, Designers, Quality Assurance, Sourcing Team and Vendors) to build product from ideation to sample.
Desired skills will include:
- Expressing design direction in a clear, compelling framework to Vendors
- Determining product form, function and manufacturing processes consistent with strategic design direction of Merchandisers, Sourcing and Design Teams and Director of Engineering and Design
- ·Attend and actively participate in meetings and brainstorming sessions about future product and line development
The company needs an exceptionally creative individual with a passion for designing unique product lines for their customers. You must display design empathy – with the ability to listen to feedback, readily solve problems and pivot in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Creative Arts field including but not limited to Product Design, Industrial Design, Illustration
- 1 to 6 years of Creative Design experience with an emphasis in hard and soft home products
- Ability to work in all phases of product development, from ideation to production details
- 3D modeling, sketching and photo-realistic rendering techniques (Rhinoceros 5 and Flamingo Nxt preferred)
- Thorough understanding of manufacturing and industry
- The ability to think and develop “out of the box” ideas
Send your resume, a link to your portfolio and salary requirements to Sue at Midwest Personnel Resource, LLC:
e mail: email@example.com
Please include Job Code D-MPR0318 in the subject line of all emails.