Category: home and hard goods (furniture, tabletop, linens, decor, bedding)
Our client has a rich history, great tenure and continues to grow! Work in a fun, face paced, and family oriented work environment. Enjoy summer hours and work life balance.
You will create and execute design ideas across home and hard goods categories (including furniture, tabletop, linens, décor, bedding, etc.) that are aligned with the creative direction of the company’s businesses.
Utilize your design/industrial design, illustration, graphic design and technology skills to conceptualize and develop innovative and unique products. You’ll work collaboratively with cross functional partners (Merchandisers, Designers, Quality Assurance, Sourcing Team and Vendors) to build product from ideation to sample.
Desired skills will include:
- Coordinating workflows for the Design Team – people, products and processes
- Determining product form, function and manufacturing processes consistent with strategic design direction of Merchandisers, Sourcing and Design Teams and Director of Engineering and Design
- Articulating design direction in a clear, compelling framework
- Managing and coaching junior members of the Design Team
- Leading Design Team brainstorming sessions to generate ideas collectively
The company needs an exceptionally creative individual with a passion for designing unique product lines for their customers. You must display design empathy – with the ability to listen to feedback, readily solve problems and pivot in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Creative Arts field including but not limited to Product Design, Industrial Design, Illustration
- 7+ years of creative design experience with an emphasis in hard and soft home products
- A high level of design maturity and knowledge of manufacturing industry
- Ability to work in all phases of product development, from ideation to production details
- Leadership experience preferred
Send your resume, link to your portfolio along with salary requirements to Sue at Midwest Personnel Resource, LLC:
e mail: email@example.com
Please include Job Code SD-MPR0318 in the subject line of all emails.